[QuadList] Quad Lunch at NAB 2014--Pictures and comments welcome--NAB 2015 date--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri Apr 25 00:57:29 CDT 2014

We had a smaller group of people this year, but those that found the Museum of Broadcast Technology's display in the corridor between Central and North Halls enjoyed some interesting visuals and a working RCA TPR-10 portable Quad playing good looking color pictures via a stabilizer!

I'm usually taking at least iPhone pictures of these events.  Not sure what happened... but I have none!  Too busy talking?

I know that Tim Stoffel and several other QuadList members were present and taking stills.

Please feel free to post pictures of the gathering and what MBT had on display.

Anything that's under 1MB total message size (text and pix) should hit the list without requiring approval. So multiple messages are OK to get the job done.

QuadListers there when I was present included Tim, James Snyder, Lee Williams, Ian McKenzie from down under, Eric Address, Lou Claude, and several others I can't immediately pull up a visual on, and our hosts Tom Sprague and Paul Beck from the MBT.  They supplied necessary liquid H2O to parched participants.

Looking ahead:

We're already getting set for next year's event at NAB:

Eighth Annual Quad Videotape Group Lunch at NAB:  12:30pm on Tuesday, April 14, 2015. Location TBA

Still to come in 2014:

In August, we're planning a dinner gathering in Washington, DC.

We'll probably do this on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at or near the Marriott Wardman-Park Hotel in NW Washington. Stay tuned for details.

In October:

Our Seventh Annual Quad Videotape Group Dinner at AMIA is set for Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2014 in Savannah, Georgia.

It's our second time in Savannah for the AMIA Annual Conference.  This time, the conference hotel is the Hilton.

More as developments warrant.

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com

Eighth Annual Quad Videotape Group Lunch at NAB:  12:30pm on Tuesday, April 14, 2015