[QuadList] Quad Videotape Group Dinner--Washington, DC--Tuesday, Aug. 12, 7:30pm--Marriott Wardman Park--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Aug 13 08:24:14 CDT 2014

Hi, Ed,

My room looks out on the 1927-era building that is what survives from the original two-building complex... and that building IS where WNBW/WRC-TV/NBC originated from for 11 years.

The ground floor is still hotel rooms, but the upper floors are being turned into residences, as I understand it.

Not sure what's happening in the basement, but do plan to ask if someone can provide details or a look-see.

I heard a story last night about old stuff that was originally from this location that was in storage at NBC-Nebraska Ave. for quite a while... including prototype color CRTs used in developing the RCA system.  Alas, they went to the landfill about two weeks before RCA Labs in Princeton called to ask if they could have them back.

More as it may develop.

Quad Videotape Group
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com