[QuadList] Two Inch Quad Stereo Recording

Dennis Degan dennyd1 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 21 20:14:07 CDT 2014

		On Aug 21, 2014, at 12:29 PM, David Crosthwait via QuadList wrote:

> Over the years, there has been some chatter on this list in regard to 2" Quad with stereo audio recording. Schemes such as using the program channel/cue channel, the split head audio stack (AVR-2, AVR-3), RCA's modification of the TCR 100 and the MTV stereo ACR's have been discussed. Here however is a relatively early stereo recording on 2" Quad,  made in 1972. This program aired in San Diego several times with the help of FM stereo simulcasts. Unfortunately, the original 2" tapes and the multitrack tapes were destroyed years ago. Only this 30 minute Vidtronics Edited Master exists. Here is a sample:
> http://youtu.be/wy_mBCZuPXQ
> The above recording configuration is the left channel on the program track and the right channel on the cue track.

		I note:

	I have a dub of a 2-inch stereo recording of the Allman Brothers at Fillmore East, recorded (I think) in 1970.  I believe that the regular audio track contained L+R while the cue track carried the L-R, allowing for de-matrixing during playback.  My dub is unfortunately on a U-Matic 3/4-inch cassette.

					    NBC Today Show, New York