[QuadList] It Is TELSTAR DAY!!!!! July 10, 1962. This date marks the launch of Telstar 1,

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Thu Jul 10 13:17:31 CDT 2014

Telstar was lunched July 10. The TV production was July 12.

Henry Jaffe produced the Telstar Closed-Circuit production in 1962. One of my clients handed me a stack of correspondence a while back concering the planning and execution of this telecast. From one of the charts, it appears that two VR-1000C's were at Andover. I''ll post more here or on the DC Video FB site when I get a chance.

In the mean time, here is one of two photos from this collection (no, I did not see an VR-1000 C shots):

One partial chart:

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Transferring NTSC, PAL & SECAM quad and helical source tapes!

david at dcvideo.com
www.dcvideo.com

Follow DC Video on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dcvideo
Follow DC Video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/dcvideoonline