[QuadList] It Is TELSTAR DAY!!!!! July 10, 1962. This date marks the launch of Telstar 1,

Steve White Steve.White at 800CallNow.com
Mon Jul 21 07:11:55 CDT 2014

David,

The Andover earth station is gone, leaving just a flat pad and
undergrowth.  Couldn't find a plaque or sign this weekend, but a couple
hundred yards up the hill I did find three satellite dishes.  Had to
push open the giant gate to get an uncluttered wide shot.  No alarms.
No armed guards.  No response to button push at gate intercom
afterwards.  (Closed the gate before leaving.)

Steve