[QuadList] Sony PVM-14L4 - RGB Appearing as GBR and Purity Problem with this HR Trinitron Monitor

lee williams lasvegastvengineer at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 13:31:45 CDT 2014

Hey Steve,

If that is the monitor I think it is, there is a known issue with the multi standards board.
The board fails every couple of years and the only fix is to replace the entire card.

Had a couple of them here at CBS, the card runs around $750.00.
Tried replacing caps with our failed ones with no luck finds what fails.

Card is located on the top of the unit, not really difficult to change out, just a money pit of a monitor.

Try Google with the model and symptom.

Lee