[QuadList] Ampex Mark Ten High-Efficiency Video Head Untested forParts/Repair (RCA ??)

Steve White rsw at taction.net
Thu Jun 5 22:45:22 CDT 2014

That's too bad ...

Sent from my phone.

I saw it earlier and didn't mention it because it's so bad.  Given the condition, it probably doesn't make any  difference but to make matters even worse, if you read the description, the seller was able to rotate the head......not a good idea with air bearings!

A while back I bought a complete IVC scanner on eBay.  It was cheap enough that the condition wasn't important, but it looked clean.  The seller contacted me and said he had misplaced the top cover for the drum which is held on by spring clips.  A couple of days later he found it, and shipped the complete unit to me.  It arrived in a very well packed box, and he had also made sure that the cover would not fall off again, by running a piece of heavy duty, very sticky shipping tape across the top cover and down both sides of the drum, passing over the heads too!  Oh well, like I said, it was cheap, and it might even be OK, so it's on the shelf for future exploration.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com

Ampex Mark Ten High-Efficiency Video Head Untested for Parts/Repair (RCA ??)

End time: Jun 8, 2014, 8:00:22 PM EDT

This is so corroded that it is most likely a piece of junk.

Chris Hill