[QuadList] Shinybow SG-3680 RGB-to-CVBS, Y/C Converter Funny

James Paterson james at oldtvgear.com
Tue Jun 24 22:52:01 CDT 2014

what is "EE" conversion?

The thing is there appears to be a number of methods used in conversion to discard/combine frames or upscale/downscale the 100 lines difference etc

In australia, all the NTSC programs were once standards converted very poorly with blurry image, green or yellow faces and a shimmer like interpolation on movement.  In time its been greatly improved
to the point you often cant see any conversion artifacts.

My dvd recorder will convert an NTSC dvd to PAL but will create jerky movement, ...obviously dont want to spend on a unit that does exactly the same type of thing.

John..does that model VHS machine act as a "through" converter in itself, or only of tapes it plays back?

What sort of method does it use to convert...how does it affect the image on movement?
!
Always harder to find these type of things in australia.. as compared to overseas!

James

www.austvarchive.com