[QuadList] RCA Quad parts sought by MBT for TPR-10. May be found on TR-600/TCR-100

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sat Mar 15 21:21:42 CDT 2014

On behalf of the Museum of Broadcast Technology, here a post from Paul Beck, who will be joining the QuadList.

> Greetings VTR pals.
>
> We are in a crunch to restore a well-working RCA TPR-10 portable quad VTR.

The crunch is to show it working at NAB.

> Some hard-to-find parts are being sought. Any leads or help is greatly appreciated.
>
> SEEKING:
> The tachometer part is an STCT-1A. These come in two versions, one with pins and one with leads.
>
> We need the one with leads, although either would be helpful.
>
> There is also an STCT-2A which is a double sensor for direction sensing.
>
> We could use one of those as well.
>
> Again, there are leaded versions and pin only versions.
>
> The RCA stock number for the leaded version of the STCT-1A is 431506.
>
> The RCA stock number for the leaded version of the STCT-2A is 431505.
>
> These are used in the TR-600 in a number of places.
>
> They were probably used in later TCR-100s with the optical "claws up" switch modification.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Paul R. Beck
> Museum of Broadcast Technology
> Paul_beck at emerson.edu<mailto:Paul_beck at emerson.edu>

So, if you can help provide parts from the shelf or a parts machine, it would be visible during NAB and would get a big Thank You! from the Museum of Broadcast Technology.

See location of Annual Lunch below.

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com

Seventh Annual Lunch at NAB at 12:30pm on Tuesday, April 08, 2014
Meet/Eat at Booth L-8 in the hallway between Central and North Halls
At the MUSEUM OF BROADCAST TECHNOLOGY display
NAB 2014, Las Vegas, April 7-10, 2014
Free Exhibits Pass registration! Use our number: LV9822. Free passes end March 21!