[QuadList] More Bell OT history (was 'Re: OT--Found while Googling "Bell Tone"--Bell System Memorial website--')

James Snyder snyder at dtvexpress.net
Tue Mar 18 05:12:55 CDT 2014

And hey, if you're going down the Bell Telephone rabbit hole, learn
about one of the Voices of the Bell System, Jane Barbe, and relive
those days of Bell System old by listening to her voice!  One of
Jane's predecessors, Mary Moore, is in the following set....

http://www.beatriceco.com/bti/porticus/bell/recordedannouncements.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Barbe

and if you REALLY want to geek out, listen to the sounds of the Bell
System itself....

Vintage telephone network sounds part 1: (Mary Moore is in this recording)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgoIJ9UDm5E

Carolina Telephone Part 1 - Step with ESS tones in Washington NC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whLR5aZs2Do

Enjoy phellow phone phreaks!

James
James Snyder
Senior Systems Administrator
Library of Congress -
   National Audio Visual Conservation Center (NAVCC)
Motion Picture, Broadcasting & Recorded Sound Division (MBRS)
Packard Campus for Audio Visual Conservation
http://www.loc.gov/avconservation/packard/