[QuadList] OT Bell Tone Record--Try ASRC list--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sat Mar 15 22:11:29 CDT 2014

Hi, Ed,

There are solid-aluminum recordings. From the photo, it looks a lot like the all-aluminum one that my father recorded in the 30s at the Empire State Building in an automated booth.

Further examination may show something else in regard to what the TV Director in Seattle has.

Your recordings may well have a steel or aluminum core.  Investigation might reveal what the "something else on top" is.  If they're of any importance, it may be possible to recover the content.

On Mar 15, 2014, at 8:02 PM, couryhouse at aol.com wrote:

> well  the Alu isd   just the  substrate... there is  something on top  of the Alu. that  gets the groves....
>
> I have some  were the   recordable  laquer   or plastic  or whatever has separated as a sheet.
>
> ed sharpe

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com

Seventh Annual Lunch at NAB at 12:30pm on Tuesday, April 08, 2014
Meet/Eat at Booth L-8 in the hallway between Central and North Halls
At the MUSEUM OF BROADCAST TECHNOLOGY display
NAB 2014, Las Vegas, April 7-10, 2014
Free Exhibits Pass registration! Use our number: LV9822. Free passes end March 21!