[QuadList] QuadList is loosing it mind--Not exactly--Bounces with AOL and...

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sun May 4 12:15:59 CDT 2014

no, my mailbox is not  full...
it  is also an effect of this quirky   listserv   software.

Ed

In a message dated 5/4/2014 9:58:53 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
ted at quadvideotapegroup.com writes:

Hi, Ed, Mitch and other folks wondering why they may have gotten  "disabled
due to excessive bounce" notices:

When you subscribe to the QuadList, your subscription is infinite  unless:

    *   You unsubscribe yourself
    *   I unsubscribe you (not likely)
    *   There's a problem with your e-mail address rejecting mail from the
QuadList.

Some reasons for rejects could be when an e-mail box is full, or for  some
other issue.

The MailMan software used by the QuadList can see whether this is a
temporary issue or a fatal (permanent) issue and scores the situation by  whether
its temp or fatal, and how often the bounces happen.

If the bounces reach a certain score, the account is disabled and you  are
sent a notice about it.

The disable is intended to keep from having the mailing list  equivalent of
a feedback loop continually bouncing messages between the  two servers like
a ping-pong ball.

My QuadList admin e-mail account is also sent a notification so I can
check on what's happening.

What happened to you overnight:

Your e-mail accounts triggered a reject, aka as a "bounce."

A "bounce" occurs when a recipient's e-mail server rejects the e-mail  sent
from the list, and sends a reject notice to the QuadList mailman  server.

Again, the disable is intended to keep from having the mailing list
equivalent of a feedback loop continually bouncing messages between the two
servers like a ping-pong ball.

As the List Admin (aka List Mum), I did some checking of the list
interface and my mailbox that receives Admin-directed notices.

The bounces appear to have begun when Ed replied from his _AOL.com_
(http://aol.com/)  account to Re: RCA Coffin Cam and  Friction head-