[QuadList] OT Jeff Beck | Jeff Beck Plans To Destroy His Archives | Contactmusic.com He t

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed May 7 10:33:29 CDT 2014

That's a misleading headline, at the very least.  "Destroy his archives" implies he's going to do that to everything in the archive.

More accurate:  "Jeff Beck plans to pare his archive,"  with destruction limited to "the stuff that's no good or perished..."

The archiving term would be "Deaccession."

It would be interesting to see the 70mm film material.  A 4K or 8K transfer and projection could reveal interesting detail in the images, and allow restoration of the images where necessary.

On May 7, 2014, at 12:13 AM, couryhouse at aol.com wrote:

> Jeff Beck | Jeff Beck Plans To Destroy His Archives | Contactmusic.com
>
> He tells Mojo magazine, "It will (come out). I'm building a barn and when that's done I'm going to do an inventory and destroy the stuff that's no good or perished and keep the good stuff. I've got some amazing 70mm film of Bba (Beck, Bogert & Appice), all my outtakes and extra material."
>

> Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/story/jeff-beck-plans-to-destroy-his-archives_4180966

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com

Eighth Annual Quad Videotape Group Lunch at NAB:  12:30pm on Tuesday, April 14, 2015