Happy Seventh Anniversary of the QuadList--July 25, 2015 and Welcome new members--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Aug 4 08:06:41 CDT 2015

Hi, Christian,

Welcome to the group.  Unfortunately, you replied directly to me, rather than the group.

Group messages should go to the QuadList at QuadVideotapeGroup.com

So, try sending it again, but to that address.

As a former Ampexer, you might be interested in www.AmpexOldTimers.org.

It’s an outgrowth of the annual Ampex Oldtimers’ barbecue and picnic that the last of the original six VTR development engineers and his wife have been organizing for ?? 15 years or more.

Fred and JoAnn Pfost are getting on in years, and while active people, they were ready to pass on the responsibility for putting it together to someone else.

Members of the Quad Videotape Group have attended the barbecue for a number of years, and being at least a few years younger, took on the organization of the event, last year.

If you’re able to travel and want to attend, the event is on September 12, at Cuesta Park in Mountain View, near Redwood City.

If you’d like, I can add you to the e-mail list for announcements, and when our “AmpexerList” is ready to use, you can communicate with other former Ampex employees who join.

So, please re-send your original “hello” to the QuadList <QuadList at quadvideotapegroup.com>

Just copy and paste the part in Bold into the “To:” line and you’ll be set to go.

Looking forward to more posts about your time at Ampex and Panasonic.

Cheers,

Quad Videotape Group
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com

Ninth Annual Quad Videotape Group Lunch at NAB (2016):
12:30pm on Tuesday, April 19, 2016, Las Vegas Convention Center