QuadList post--Held because the reply was too big--VR-1000 head adjustments--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Mon Jan 5 19:11:23 CST 2015

Here's another common reason for things to get held for review, and some suggestions on how to help avoid that.

following mailing list posting:

   List:    QuadList at quadvideotapegroup.com
   From:    quadlist at digitrakcom.com
   Subject: Re: Video head adjustment
   Reason:  Message body is too big: 1667124 bytes with a limit of 1000 KB

David sent a picture to the list, and it passed.

Don tried to respond.

But, by the time David's photo, text and Don's reply were combined and fed back to the list, the total was over the threshold for getting flagged.

One way to avoid that is to delete the picture from any reply... or make the photo smaller, if your mail program allows you do to that easily.

In case it didn't post... Here's Don Norwood's reply to David Crosthwait's posting about a head that showed up with a tape one morning...

Feel free to reply to the original post, but please strip off everything above my e-mail in the sig, and change the subject to... Ampex VR-1000 head adjustment

Thanks and enjoy!

Quad Videotape Group
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com