AVR 2 Questons for machines near end of run

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Thu Nov 19 09:13:46 CST 2015

Perhaps Bill Carpenter will be the expert on this one.

David Dean in Great Britain has an AVR 2 with the TRW A to D chip instead
of the original A to D boards.  I also looked at the picture that he has on
line showing the machine.  There was a different control panel  layout.
see _www.westpoint.tv_ (http://www.westpoint.tv)  for the  pictures

So when did Ampex change the A to D design to the TRW chip?  How many  were
made with this?

When did the control panel change to place the meters on the left  side?

I have seen pictures of a number of machines that have the deck tilted at
an angle.  Was this an Ampex option or did this become standard on later
machines?

Or are these things making this a one off machine?

Chris Hill
WA8IGN