VR – 1000B at NAB – – update – –

Ted Langdell Ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Apr 12 20:03:08 CDT 2016

Quad list member James O'Neal has an update on his story about the Museum of Broadcast Technology and efforts to get the museum's operational Ampex VR – 1000B to the NAB show to celebrate the 60th anniversary of quad videotapes introduction on April 14, 60 years ago this coming Thursday.

Here's a link to the story in Television Technology magazine:

http://www.tvtechnology.com/nab-show/0026/plan-to-display-early-vtr-at-nab-show-stalls/278404

Thanks to all the contributors who made an effort to help this machine show up at NAB after reading about it here on the QuadList.

Looking forward to seeing you at the museum exhibit, our booths, or elsewhere.

Let's keep telling stories here, because it's the only way some of the stuff will ever get preserved. There are some pretty incredible stories about the efforts that went into making television happen then and now.

Cheers,

Secretary, Quad Videotape Group
Ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
(530)301-2931

Dictated into and Sent from my iPhone, which is solely responsible for any weird stuff I didn't catch.