Holiday Greetings and Some History of California - I want to wish everyone here

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sat Dec 24 19:47:54 CST 2016

Holiday Greetings and Some History of California -
I want to wish  everyone here in this group  a
Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukah , or whatever
you celebrate this  time of the year!
May you and your family be blessed in the upcoming New  Year!
Bette has the pies and cookies cooking  -  and tomorrow the  feast!

OK on to the California History
I took time this afternoon to  sort some of our California
history books and pamphlets. Of course  AAA was in
business at   the early part of the century...

I left California when I went in the USAF and ended  up  here in Arizona.
But wherever I saw a neat  book  on   my old homeland I would pick it
up and put it on the self in  the living room....
There is  one on PV  weeds and flowers
But here is a remarkable  book - as you can tell by the cover
where you have someone  hired  to drive you!  This is  motoring
in California in 1915! The author also thanks  AAA etc...

On Sunset Highways; A Book of Motor Rambles in California
by Murphy Thos D. (Thomas Dowl 1866-1928  (Creator)

This pretty much describes   what I hold in my hands here.
The Page Company, Boston, Massachusetts,  U.S.A., 1915.  Blue cloth
decorative cloth boards with orange, green, gold  on front and spine; Gold gilt
lettering on front and spine;  16  illustrations, with tissue overlays, in
colour from original paintings by M. De  Neale Morgan, Percy Gray, Clark Hobart;
40 duogravures from photographs, and  attached fold-out map;

You can  enjoy and Electronic copy  at the following links  -

Great PDF (and other formats)  avail. at archive-org copy with color  pix
etc bit not the cool cover (PDF)
https://ia802605.us.archive.org/33/items/onsunsethighway02murpgoog/onsunseth
ighway02murpgoog.pdf

Electronic  copy from Barnes and Noble  (Nook Format)
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/on-sunset-highways-thomas-dowler-murphy/1101
566190;ean=9781346811727