[QuadList] CMX 600--Message from John Buck in Hong Kong

Dennis Degan dennyd1 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 3 16:49:40 CST 2016

		On Mar 3, 2016, at 12:40 PM, C. Park Seward wrote:

> I’m close to Medford but don’t need another editor. I have an Axial, Ampex ACE and Super Edit. Never used that type of CMX.

		I say:

	Park, that CMX 600 is a rare piece of video editing history.  There were only 6 systems made; One Pass had one of two still working in the ’90’s.  The other was at a TV station in Las Vegas, as I recall.
	This is an editing system that should be in the Smithsonian.  It set the stage for non-linear editing to follow, like Avid, etc.

					    NBC Today Show, New York