[QuadList] CMX 600--Message from John Buck in Hong Kong

Tim Stoffel tim at lionlamb.us
Fri Mar 4 03:04:39 CST 2016

I darn near owned that CMX 600 on several occasions, and may have some
pictures of it somewhere. It nearly filled a 10 X 10 storage unit, and
we had it in our custody for the first couple of years I worked at KNPB.
It features a PDP 11 computer (with a paper tape punch, among other
things), five or so washing machine-sized hard drives. All of this
hardware could hold half an hour of skip-field, black and white video.
There was also a control console and some other things. It was briefly
operational sometime in the 1990's at KNPB's old home here in Reno. That
was before my time there.

I can't take it simply because I do not have the room :(

Tim Stoffel