[QuadList] Help get a VR-1000B to NAB --Update--Mike Boland donates $1000

Dave Sieg dave at zfx.com
Thu Mar 10 09:24:04 CST 2016

FWIW:
I have found that crating, especially older heavier tube gear, can end up
subjecting it to more big shocks
that the crate doesn't necessarily insulate it from.  In fact it makes it
worse!
Forklift guys tend to see it as a big heavy cube they can slam around all
they want.
Its crated/protected, right?  In one event, a heavy crate was dropped about
a foot,
hitting one corner first, thus skewing and practically ruining the entire
contents.
How you crate something like that is an artform unto itself!

When SIGGRAPH paid to ship one of the Scanimate computers to the Orlando
Convention Center, I called
United Data Movers.  They specialize in big expensive delicate equipment.
I had separated the individual racks, and it was made easier by the fact
that each rack had 4 casters.
They did a great job of wrapping and carefully moving them there and back
for a surprisingly low fee.
As a testament to their care, and the fact that the system was built like a
brick outhouse, I arrived,
re-plugged all the cables, powered it up, and it worked the first time!
They don't make 'em like that anymore!

Best of luck!  It would be great to see a VR-1000 humming along!

--
Dave Sieg
www.zfx.com