[QuadList] Did NBC use white lines for queuing?

Dennis Degan dennyd1 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 30 19:40:47 CDT 2016

		On Mar 29, 2016, at 7:49 PM, David Crosthwait wrote:

> The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson may have been the initial user of this pulse. I believe the show A.D. triggered the pulse. Maybe the T.D. at the A.D.'s cue. Since Tonight was a 60 network 60 local avail, it was essential to let the affiliates know the break was coming.

		I think:

	It’s more likely that the pulses were added at NBC BOC after the show’s timing had been finalized.  The timing of the break wasn’t finalized during production since there may be some editing done after production that could affect those timings.  Also, the pulse was added to other recorded  shows, but I don’t recall it being added to LIVE shows such as Today.  On Today, local breaks were cued by the anchor’s line "…This is Today on NBC.”  For Today, that was the local cue as long as I can remember.

					    NBC Today Show, New York