More video to see on the Quad Videotape Group Facebook page

Ted Langdell Ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sat Sep 3 17:39:06 CDT 2016

New items on The group Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/QuadVideotapeGroup/

Several clips that obviously originated on Quad

In one post we are trying to determine what show the recording originated from and what it might've been recorded with.

They may be from one or more late 1950s or possibly early 60s Ed Sullivan shows with Louis Prima and Keely Smith. The set pieces look similar.

And another post features a compilation of clips from Art Linkletter's "Kids say the darndest things," many in color from CBS Television City in Hollywood.

A little hard to say when these Linkletter clips were recorded, cameras used, recorders involved, but we do understand that first generation or updated  VR–1000 and VRX-1000 units were in use at CBS TVC into the 1978 period when they were replaced by 1" machines.

Color at TVC could have been the original TK 41s, or the Norelco PC series that colorized the network in the mid-1960s. Could be the latter cameras because I don't notice any haloing that you'd see from image orthicon tubes used in the 41s.

So enjoy, and comment!

Secretary, Quad Videotape Group
Ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
(530)301-2931

Dictated into and Sent from my iPhone, which is solely responsible for any weird stuff I didn't catch.