ShibaSoku CB531A1 color bar generator— Manual? Recognize where this was used in NYC

Ted Langdell ted at flashscan8.us
Sat Sep 3 17:41:46 CDT 2016

Greetings QuadList members

Curious about a couple of things in relation to this particular ShibaSoku CB531A1 color bar generator:

Does anyone have a manual for same?

And does anyone recognize this feed ID?

This is a nice little portable unit that can  genlock to incoming video, and switch back-and-forth between the internal signal and the genlocked signal.

It also overlays the feed ID over incoming video. I remember there's a way to turn it off but I don't seem to have the code sheet for that handy. (Checking another computer.)

Has a mic input, a Line level XLR audio input, mono audio output with the capability of switching back-and-forth between tone and the mic input. The 400 Hz or 1 kHz tone (or both at the same time) can be output at zero dBm, +8 dBm, or Mike level -50 dBm.

And after it warms up for about a half an hour, puts out a very nice clean signal. Output levels are adjustable.

Any thoughts?

flashscan8.us
Moving Image Tools and Technology
ted at flashscan8.us
+1 (530) 301-2931

Dictated into and Sent from my iPhone, which is solely responsible for any weird stuff I didn't catch.