Sharing good news with the group !

Paul Beck Paul_Beck at emerson.edu
Tue Jul 18 15:56:51 CDT 2017

Every once and a while something good happens when you need it badly.

A recent batch of U-matic tapes was undergoing an urgent recovery process.

I was using two decent VO-9850s and DPS 475 framesyncs. Things were going swimmingly  when the rubber belts started breaking.  Don't you HATE it when that happens ?

Naturally, the failed belts insured extraction of the now-creased tapes would be a challenge.  The larger challenge was finding a source of correct belts and tires. That's when Ken ZIn and Ted Langdell came to the rescue for me. They have newly-manufactured rubber items and offer a reasonably-priced belt kit.

It saved the day for my project.

Lesson learned: A trusted supplier of new arcane VTR parts lived among us.
If you have a need, Ken and Ted probably have the solution.