[QuadList] Sharing good news with the group !

Ed Sharpe couryhouse at aol.com
Tue Jul 18 16:36:55 CDT 2017

.sometimes it is nice to get stuff all nicely labeled too... and delivered fast. usually when I am working on something... I need stuff fast...
ed#

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 Paul Beck via QuadList <quadlist at quadvideotapegroup.com> wrote:

Attached Message

	FromPaul Beck <Paul_Beck at emerson.edu>Toquadlist at quadvideotapegroup.com <quadlist at quadvideotapegroup.com>SubjectSharing good news with the group !DateTue, 18 Jul 2017 20:56:51 +0000

Every once and a while something good happens when you need it badly.

A recent batch of U-matic tapes was undergoing an urgent recovery process.

I was using two decent VO-9850s and DPS 475 framesyncs. Things were going swimmingly when the rubber belts started breaking. Don't you HATE it when that happens ?

Naturally, the failed belts insured extraction of the now-creased tapes would be a challenge. The larger challenge was finding a source of correct belts and tires. That's when Ken ZIn and Ted Langdell came to the rescue for me. They have newly-manufactured rubber items and offer a reasonably-priced belt kit.

It saved the day for my project.

Lesson learned: A trusted supplier of new arcane VTR parts lived among us.
If you have a need, Ken and Ted probably have the solution.

Please trim posts to relevant info when replying.

Change subject to reflect thread direction. Thanks.

Send QuadList list posts to QuadList at quadvideotapegroup.com