The Nixon Answer - Michigan - 1968

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Fri May 19 01:47:34 CDT 2017

I was reading some of the press about Roger Ailes’s passing and followed a link to this…

https://youtu.be/-Dg6yfOpYYY <https://youtu.be/-Dg6yfOpYYY>

The copy transcribed here is Helical (lots of dropouts), but the master is obviously Quad. Quite a few tell-tale signs.

One thing I thought was interesting was how the cameras looked. Kind of a pastel color like a TK-41. I think I see the silhouette of a TK-42 camera in the shadows. Don’t know if I’ve really looked at TK-42 footage this closely.

Detail from a image orthicon would explain why this is sharp with a soft color overlay I suppose. Doesn’t look like a Plumbicon camera anyway.

I have a friend here in Southwest Florida who was probably in his late teens / early twenties, in Detroit when this was taped. Who knows, he may have been running one of the cameras. :)

Scott Thomas