QuadList New years 2018: 200 subscribers

Ted at QuadVideotapeGroup.Com Ted at QuadVideotapeGroup.Com
Mon Jan 1 14:42:49 CST 2018

Happy New Year QuadList members.

It appears that we have 207 folks who have at one time or another subscribed to the list, and 200 email addresses that are currently receiving emails.

Two of those receiving emails are are no longer with their company but the email address is not bouncing, or they have passed away in 2017 as in the case of Kyle Bookholtz.

So I think we can safely say we have 198 subscribers that are actively receiving any messages you post.

I have two projects on the agenda for the QuadList in 2018.

One is to add several additional administrators to the list, so that if something happens to me, things will carry-on.

The other is to migrate the subscriber addresses to the groups.io platform.  That's more of a challenge perhaps, since MailMan (our current listserv software) does not have a subscriber list export function.

The migration could be done manually by going through the subscriber list and manually inserting first and last names and email addresses into a spreadsheet.

I will be working with groups.io folks to see if they have any ideas that can  make the migration a less cumbersome and much faster process.

Groups.io seems to be working well for another group that a number of us are subscribed to, and a major multi-list operation is just relocated to that platform.

We have had https://groups.io/g/QuadVideotapeGroup set up and in testing.

One of the beneficial things is that post made to the Quad Videotape Group Facebook page automatically show up in the groups.io  postings to the list and on the website.

So, if you are interested in being an additional administrator, or perhaps helping with migrating the list, please give me a shout off list: ted at quadvideotapegroup.com

Anyone interested in expanding the depth of information available on the Quad Videotape Group website at www.quadVideotapeGroup.com is also welcome to let me know.

The site is in WordPress, which is fairly easy to learn and use.

Again, Happy New Year to you!

Cheers from Northern California.

Quad Videotape Group

(530) 301-2931
Ted at QuadVideotapeGroup.com
Dictated into and Sent from my iPad which is solely responsible for weird language you may see.