[OldVTRS] VR-1200 update

Chris Hill chill315 at aol.com
Tue Jan 30 07:39:35 CST 2018

Shai

All your problems are probably on board 12 of the signal system.  First thing to do is to go to manual mode on the guide servo.  Set the guide with the know on the control panel.  Then look at demod out on the picture monitor.  It should be nice and steady with no skewing.  IF everything works, you have eliminated all the circuits except for board 12.

Machine will work fine this way with out any issues.

AMTEC should not need any attention because it only indicates issues with other parts of the machine.  If it is going crazy look at the demod to insure that the guide is not oscillating back and forth.  or look at the drum error to see if the machine has instability.  Adjust the two knobs on the front panel of the intersync  to improve the drum stability if needed.

Otherwise the machine is approaching good working order.  The lockup that you describe is very good.  Nice to see one get there in less than two seconds.

Chris