[QuadList] Gene Kelley Show color recording system--which was used?

WVGO WVGOfm at aol.com
Sun Dec 28 18:41:19 CST 2008

Perhaps the tape was an early RCA heterodyne/non-phased color
recording.  I  think this was the color system used by the TRT-1 series
color recorders.
I've never actually one of these recordings to play, even back in the
day, but most of the earlier color RCA quad machines had that
"non-phased color" mode as a playback option.  I don't remember that
Ampex ever addressed this for playback, so perhaps that's why the custom
modules had to be made for the AVR-1.
Guy
www.GuySpiller.com