[QuadList] Gene Kelley Show color recording system--which wasused?

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 28 19:55:41 CST 2008

Hello Guy:

The Ampex Colortec for the VR-1000/1100/1200/2000 has a non-phased mode.
I've never used it, so I don't know how it would work with the RCA tapes.
Of course the Colortec is not applicable to the AVR-1.  I also seem to
recall that some of the early RCA color tapes were recorded with different
carrier frequencies and deviation from what was later set as the LBC
standard, so that could also require modifications to a standard demod.

But now that I think about it, didn't the production version color TRT-1
record a full-bandwidth signal and use the heterodyne system only for
playback?  In that case, an original recording should play back just fine,
but a dub using that system would be non-phased.  Or, I could be totally
off-base.  It's been a while since I thought about TRT-1s!

Don