[QuadList] Quad engineer Ken Zin helps recover Moon orbiter tapes

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Thu Nov 20 11:08:08 CST 2008

Hi Ted:

I have scans of the FR-900 literature, spec sheets and some FEB's that I supplied to Dennis and Ken when they started this project.  If anyone on the list is interested, I can send them copies.  The files are about 20 meg.

The machine is a transverse scan, although the head assembly is physically different from the standard Ampex quad panels.  There was also a two-channel version which had 8 heads instead of four.  All-in-all, a fascinating beast!

Don