[QuadList] Time Base Correctors

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 7 21:40:14 CST 2009

Hi Doug:

 "Modern" TBCs do not work with quad machines because they are not designed
for segmented scan.  It's not that the quad errors are extreme, in fact they
are not, but they are of a totally different nature than those of a
non-segmented helical machine.

That being said, there were several models produced during the quad era that
did work with quads, and Merlin Engineering modified at least three
different models to work with quads.  List member Park Seward has one of
those Merlin systems in operation.  You can see literature about some of the
Merlin units on the Literature page of my website
http://www.digitrakcom.com/ .

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com