[QuadList] Hello--Welcome George Keller

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Dec 23 17:29:43 CST 2009

George, Welcome!

You're the first CBS NY VT employee on the list, to my knowledge.  We
look forward to your contributions about Quads and CBS.

The archives have quite a bit of content in just a year and a half.
You can look here:
http://mail.quadvideotapegroup.com/pipermail/quadlist_quadvideotapegroup.com/
to see what kind of discussions have been happening. We hope to add
search capability sometime.

You probably worked with retired NY CBS'er Harold W. Deppe, Sr. at
Grand Central and the Broadcast Center. His son, Harold W. Deppe, Jr.,
KGUN, Tuscon, AZ is on the list.

There are other current CBS folks among the group, including David
Keleshian, Telecine at CBS Television City, where the Quads live on in
Jurassic Park... where the telecines were located, last I was there.

Other CBS folks: Steve Thomas, CBS/WWJ-TV, Detroit and his co-worker,
Chuck Reti, Chuck Reti Video Services, WWJ-TV, Detroit PTV, Detroit, MI.

You probably remember some of the machines pictured in NBC Today Show
Editor Dennis Degan's collection of 1978 photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/sets/72157600588273750/

On one photo of several VR-2000's, Dennis says, "There were so many of
these, you could get lost."
Interesting use of space for a coat rack and closet in between machines.

Again, welcome and Merry Christmas.