[QuadList] Non-Contact Extraction of the Program from Quad Tape

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Mon Feb 16 18:04:34 CST 2009

Having played back quad tapes from the 60s to the 80s, most have been
in excellent condition. The worst tape was an RCA branded tape that
had SSS. I don't know who actually made the tape.

I recently played a tape from 1982 that had never been played after it
was dubbed. It was perfect. Also, I have some Scotch 400 that looks
like it was just made.

YMMV.

Now if you had a tape that was shedding, a non-contact method would be
great.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward