[QuadList] "Nixon-Khrushchev Kitchen Debate" on Amazon

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Mon Jan 5 22:01:05 CST 2009

Ted and I enjoyed seeing the tape at a UCLA/Wilder Theater screening.
While the recording looked good (no herringbone) the camera was in
lousy shape. Those TK-41s required a lot of care and this one didn't
get it. I think a lot of the noise came from the camera. Digital noise
reduction may help improve the image.

While the main camera for the WRC-TV dedication is the best 41 I have
ever seen, the recording was marred with herringbone interference due
to the early color recording.

And yes, Ampex did donate many things to Stanford but I haven't
searched for that tape.

The original copyright was to Ampex in 1960.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Visit us: http://www.videopark.com