[QuadList] Videotape of CBS Kennedy assassination

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 21:58:11 CDT 2009

In a message dated 7/22/2009 7:34:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DennyD1 at verizon.net writes:

> On Jul 22, 2009, at 6:04 PM, Sammy Jones wrote:
>
> >I'm resending this since no one has responded; maybe it was
> overlooked!  If anyone has the answers, I'd sure like to know!
>
>     I say:
>
>   I think there were some answers; perhaps you missed them.
>
>     You had previously asked:
>
> >I believe the tape of NBC's Kennedy coverage begins around 20 minutes
> into the coverage because it took a while to get their machines up and
> running.
> >Does anyone know if this is true, and is there perhaps a kinescope
> source for those missing 20 minutes?
>
>     I now say:
>
>   Sorry, I don't know.  Question is, how do you know about the missing
> 20 minutes if they weren't recorded?!?   ;)
>
>       Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
>              NBC Today Show, New York

When A&E ran the 20th anniversary show of NBC's coverage for six hours in
real time, Edwin Newman hosted, and reported that it took a certain amount of
time to get tape rolling in New York. No, I have never seen a tape or kine
as in a Burbank recording of that "gap". All of NYC's coverage was in black
and white. However, the switch to WBAPs coverage with late breaking updates,
was in color for a few times, until NBC made it black and white after about
an hour. Apparently NBC was embarrassed that the network coverage was black
and white and WBAP's feed was color, so I've heard.

David
www.dcvideo.com

What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and
easy dinner ideas for any occasion.
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000008)