[QuadList] Videotape of CBS Kennedy assassination

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 22 22:03:28 CDT 2009

Dennis said (referring to missing NBC Kennedy coverage):
> 	Sorry, I don't know.  Question is, how do you know about the
> missing
> 20 minutes if they weren't recorded?!?   ;)

Nixon showed it to me before he "accidentally" erased it! ;)

Seriously though, many years back A&E ran the entire day's worth of NBC
Kennedy assassination coverage in real time, and explained that the first 20
or so minutes were missing because the videotape machine took a while to get
started.

I remember thinking it very odd that NBC network coverage was in black and
white, but live reports from the Dallas affiliate fed back to the net were
in color!  (Remember the very awkward moments when it seemed to take forever
for them to get things patched correctly?)  They must have been using a
color quad machine to record.

Sammy Jones
Associate Producer
Georgia Public Broadcasting