[QuadList] Videotape of CBS Kennedy assassination

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 22 22:18:35 CDT 2009

		On Jul 22, 2009, at 11:03 PM, Sammy Jones wrote:

 > A&E ran the entire day's worth of NBC Kennedy assassination coverage
in real time, and explained that the first 20 or so minutes were
missing because the videotape machine took a while to get started.
 > I remember thinking it very odd that NBC network coverage was in
black and white, but live reports from the Dallas affiliate fed back to
the net were in color!  (Remember the very awkward moments when it
seemed to take forever for them to get things patched correctly?)  They
must have been using a color quad machine to record.

		I say:

	I missed that A&E presentation; I would have liked to have seen it.  I
had just turned 13 at the time of the assassination and most of that
weekend was a blur of sorrow and sadness.  We got through those 4 days
like walking in a dream.  It just wasn't real.  I don't remember any
specific TV news reports except for the funeral on Monday.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York