[QuadList] AVR-3

W4wj at aol.com W4wj at aol.com
Sun Jul 26 16:27:03 CDT 2009

Our AVR-3's rarely hit air directly as the great majority  of the
2 inch stuff went to the ACR's.  It had nothing to do  with the
dependability of the 3's, but just the fact that we did have the
production ACR available for all news shows.  I guess I  should mention
that the TD's loved the roll-take that the ACR provided  them!!

As far as dumping the edited 3/4 stuff to  2 inch, that would have
created a real logjam, since so  many of the edited pieces arrived as
the TD was rolling the  machine!!  ;-)

We handled our 3/4 stuff directly to air  from four 2850's, each
with a dedicated remote controller and CVS  TBC...  Those machines
were very dependable, and the CVS TBC's were excellent at  handling
even the worst field tapes.

It was fun!!

Don Murray
W4WJ
Retired from 40 years in Miami Television
35+ years at WTVJ  NBC O&O

In a message dated 7/25/2009 11:59:57 P.M. Central Daylight Time,