[QuadList] Ampex Mark Ten 10 mil head

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Mon Nov 30 15:39:18 CST 2009

Hi Chris:

Yes, I have.  The results vary.  I have a Videomax BB rebuild that is almost as good as an Air Bearing.  The worst I've had was an Ampex, but still well within the correction range although I don't recall the exact amount of error.  Understandably, they can also get worse with age.

The VR-3000 uses only BB heads, and the quality of the recordings can be quite good.  I currently have a MK-11 head installed that doesn't sound good at all, but the performance is fine.

Don
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com