[QuadList] Demise of Vidipax--Wayback machine has some of it.

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Wed Oct 14 09:48:03 CDT 2009

Hi, from California...

After reading Bill's post, I spent half an hour on the wayback
machine checking various Vidipax.com pages to see what museum
portions were available.

The text material seems to be there if it was HTML, but pop-ups of
pictures don't work in the 2007 and 2008 iterations of the website.
And some of the earlier versions—even in 2001—used .swf files for
some of the main page content, including photos and text of the
museum equipment, so I suspect that's not something we'll see again.

I thought someone had suggested capturing the site on the AMIA list,
but don't find any references to that. I've asked if anyone did
capture at least the museum section.

Re the auction itself... Bill wasn't the only one hassled during
check-out, so I hear.

It's too bad someone from OldVTR's or the QuadList wasn't able to
masquerade as a dumpster supplier and take care of the remainder that
Bill says went into never-more land.

flashscan8.us
Main: 	(530) 741-1212
Cell: 	(530) 301-2931
ted at flashscan8.us

See you at AMIA 2009 in St. Louis with new equipment