[QuadList] VR-1200B's on eBay

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 16 07:30:58 CDT 2009

		On Sep 15, 2009, at 9:43 PM, Don Norwood wrote:

 > I just noticed something I missed the first time.  On the close-up of
the signal system, modules 14 & 15 are not the normal AutoChroma
modules.  These are labeled Auto Equalizer, and are completely
different in appearance from the usual modules.  They also appear to
have an On/Off switch for "Line by Line".  Anybody familiar with these?

		I also noticed:

	There's something else you missed:  There's no URL.  I haven't been
able to locate this auction on eBay yet.
	To answer your question, I'm not familiar with the source of the
module, but NBC had 4 VR-2000s, each equipped with a module with this
exact description.  I don't think they were made by Ampex.
	Here's a photo of two of the NBC machines:
		<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515355073/>

	  					NBC Today Show, New York