[QuadList] How to Edit--resending Park's attachment--didn't come through on my end.

Trevor Brown videovault at sky.com
Mon Apr 12 02:05:38 CDT 2010

David
In the UK we did tend to hang onto the practice of film for outdoor inserts
ENG was restricted to news

I think at the time there were problems that ENG was not studio quality
But was OK for news because it was better than the fast processed pos film
that it replaced

This was not the case for full blown production were neg film was used

The general feeling now is that film inserts into studio productions do Jar
a little on the cuts
You can get away with it on sitcom, but drama you are more sucked into, and
the cuts do hurt

The ITV company I worked for was very keen on solving this problem and set
up a two camera OB truck
With a Quad VT (TR61) in the same truck

Not easy to work next to racks guys they keep turning the lights off
So you cannot see the mechanical tape counter to log takes on the paperwork
Or work the waveform monitor, and if you have to adjust any of presets on
the modules ...............

OK for them they just put their hands on the Joysticks and watch monitors

Happy Days
Trevor
UK Member