[QuadList] Happy Anniversary--CBS Uses Quad to Time Zone DelayDouglas Edwards' Evening Newscast

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Dec 1 18:39:59 CST 2010

On Dec 1, 2010, at 1:41 PM, Dennis Degan wrote:
> 		On Dec 1, 2010, at 9:12 AM, Ted Langdell wrote:
>
> > Dennis graciously did the same for me back in February. Thanks,
> Dennis.
> > I'd been on the official Studio Tour in 1968 when I was 13.
>
> 		I exclaim:
> 	You're THAT much younger than me?    ;)

Maybe. Hope I'm not looking too old :)

> 		Ted:
>
> > The place HAS changed in some major ways since then, and is
> changing even now as different shows come and go, and facilities are
> re-modeled to meet their needs and accommodate new technology.

Back in '68, they had what I want to recall as a TK-11 set up in what
was off of/near/in a hallway like area that allowed visitors to see
themselves on an adjacent monitor.  The hallway allowed people to look
into several studios from above the lighting grid.  One of the studios
was Jeopardy, and the other had a soap opera. The tour also included
the Tonight Show studio. Which appeared smaller than it did on TV, and
the steps in the audience area seemed to have a rather tall rise.
Interesting to see it then, and then again in February.

> 		I say:
>
> 	The 5th floor is especially different, as is the 2nd.  The
> existence of radio has been erased from memory.

Had a little fun with a tour group when Dennis was showing me around.
We were in an elevator lobby on the ___?  floor and I mentioned that
the glassed in area right behind us was the NBC Monitor (radio)
control area.  The pages didn't know that.