[QuadList] Picture of the day (link to)---and who's in it?

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Sat Dec 4 11:02:59 CST 2010

Bill:

Any idea of the total number of AVR-2's produced and how that compares to how many VR-1200 series machines were made?  I have been told that there were more 1200's made than any other model, but I've not found anything in print for the 1200's.  Ampex literature states that in 1978, "over 1,400 AVR-2's were in use worldwide".  That's the latest reference I have for them, but I would guess that sales had peaked at that point.  Any insight?

Don