[QuadList] Picture of the day (link to)---and who's in it?

David C. Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Mon Dec 6 00:45:01 CST 2010

In '76, the station I was working for in Dallas received AVR-3 serial
#'s 38 & 40. They had problems in production use with two issues at
first: random color framing and crashing compliance arms. There seemed
to be problems with the bearings in the guides also if I recall
correctly. It came to a point that the AVR-3's could not be used for
anything but recording for a while, relegating all other post, zone
delay, and production to the VR 1200's we had. I left that station in
'77 and proceeded to Hollywood where six VR 2000's, a 1200, and two
ACR25B's awaited.

Can't recall the Ampex sales reps. name for Dallas at that time other
than to say that he was a very nice person.

David
www.dcvideo.com