[QuadList] Help identifying an unknown Ampex Quad machine

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:54:59 CST 2010

Hi David:

That's quite a hybrid.  Appears to have the original tube servo, but that's
an 1100 solid state MDA (actually only half of one, the left amp module is
missing).  But its an example of what I brought up in another email.  All of
these machines were "modular" which made any combination of upgrades
possible.

Don