[QuadList] was Helicals, Quads, now Marconi cameras

bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv
Wed Feb 10 08:41:15 CST 2010

Guy,

It is great to actually see a piece of gear that I actually used at one
time!  We rented the BES truck for a remote when I was at CBN.  We did
some live inserts from the new center in Virginia Beach when the main
facilities were still in Portsmouth, VA.

The two hi-lites of the shoot to me were having to replace the red tube
in one of the MK-VII cameras and forgetting (or not having one on site)
the IR filter and the talent's suit then glowed purple!  A cold black
would setup ok, but if there was any heat in it the red black would jump
up.

The other thing that is memorable was the hand held camera was a PCP-90
and we pulled the back pack around in a Radio Flyer wagon so the camera
operator wouldn't get too tired.  Also, it wouldn't genlock properly so
we genlocked the truck to it and in turn the studio which was feeding
the whole network and depending on that back pack rolling around in a
child's wagon to not hiccup!

One of the singers on that shoot was Kathy Lee Johnson who is now Kathy
Lee Gifford.

73,

Bill Spencer, KY4O