[QuadList] Sony's BVH-1100 mods (was AVR-1 Info-LEDs replace vacuum column lights)

georgenann at aol.com georgenann at aol.com
Sun Jan 10 12:11:41 CST 2010

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the info, those fotos are great.  I have seen fotos of the "Works in a Box" model from Sony, but I think CBS was too cheap to spend the extra bucks.  I don't know which came first, the CBS "Works in a Drawer" or the Sony remote boxes option, but all the work on the "Works in a Drawer" mod was done at CBS, and now that you mention it it seems likely that it was a Sony thing or at least done in conjunction with Sony. I will admit it did make life a little easier although I hated every time I had to slide the drawer out and back in, I never liked bending all those wires and cables.  Also sliding any of the AVR-1's drawers in and out is something I always tried to avoid.  I never pulled any of the drawers out to clean them, but when I really had to, to troubleshoot something or swap a board, I then broke out the vacuum and cleaned them.

73,

George Keller